Nokia Z launcher receives significant update, pre-beta program opened for new users
Nokia rolled out Z launcher for Android in June that predicts apps and brings them in the front depending upon user usage pattern and preferences. Today, the Z launcher has received an update that will allow you to configure the way you want your favorite apps to appear on your home screen, using drag and drop.
“Today, we’re releasing our first significant update to Z Launcher based on your feedback and suggestions. Z Launcher will notify you of an update, but you can also check manually in Z Launcher settings.We have incorporated some of the most popular suggestions in this latest version with more to come. We’re still in the early phases of developing Z Launcher so please keep sending us your suggestions for improvements”
posted Nokia Z launcher via its blog.
The Z launcher was previously available for a limited number of users however, this update has also opened more pre-beta sign ups. Nokia says that it has rolled several user-requested features into the update and that it plans to continue to do so in the future.
The list of changes included in the update:
- Configure Favorites via drag-n-drop on your home screen – #2 requested feature on user forum.
- Hide apps, Uninstall apps via press-n-hold: A quick way to get rid of stuff you don’t want – #3 top requested feature on user forum.
- Better support on HTC One and Moto X – We continue to work on adding support for popular devices.
- Wi-Fi SSID incorporated into our algorithm – Aimed at improving the algorithm’s ability to recognize and promote apps used on specific networks.
- Data Insight – Explore how you use your phone, what apps and contacts you access and when. If people like this feature, we’ll develop it further, but for now we kept it simple.
- Bug fixes here and there – We’ve worked hard to make Z Launcher more reliable.
Beta testing has expanded to include Moto X and HTC One users, but as beta testing continues it’s likely that Nokia will add to the list of phones that are compatible with the launcher.