The Trio of Tomatoes Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 01 Hour
Total Cook Time: 01 Hour 15 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Medium
Combining roasted tomatoes in balsamic vinegar, tomato juice and cherry tomatoes with white wine to form a tri of tomatoes.
Ingredients Of The Trio Of Tomatoes
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 25 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of coriander seeds
- 150 ml tomato juice
- 5-10 gm pepper, freshly crushed
- Celery, chopped
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp gelatin powder
- 15 ml vodka
- 100 gm Cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 garlic pieces, peeled
- 10-15 ml white wine
- Pinch of salt
- 5-10 lettuce/rocket leaves
- 2-3 slices of French bread or Ciabata
- Parmesan cheese flakes
How to Make The Trio of Tomatoes
- 1.Part 1
- 2.Take a bowl full of sliced tomatoes. Add extra virgin oil, a pinch of sea salt, sugar and coriander seeds. Stir the mixture well.
- 3.Pre-heat the oven at 120*C and roast the tomatoes for about 20 minutes on a flat oven tray. Once the tomatoes have roasted, add some balsamic vinegar and refrigerate them for a while as this salad is to be served chilled.
- 4.Part 2
- 5.Next, heat the pan and pour in approximately 150ml of tomato juice. Add some freshly crushed pepper to the juice along with chopped celery and a few drops of tobasco (depending on how hot you like it). Stir well.
- 6.Part 3
- 7.Dissolve a spoon full of gelatin in a dessert spoon full of water and heat it using the double boiler method. Do not stir the gelatin, allow it to dissolve naturally. Once dissolved and heated add about 15ml of vodka.
- 8.Pour the mixture into a shot glass or a mold of your choice and refrigerate for approximately 4-5 hours.
- 9.Part 4
- 10.Next we will take cherry tomatoes and prick them with a toothpick. The pricking will negate any chances of the tomatoes to burst open while cooking and will allow the other flavors to seep in.
- 11.Take some small peeled garlic pieces. The smaller the garlic bulb the more pungent it is.
- 12.Add 2-3 pieces of peeled garlic and cherry tomatoes to the frying pan with some olive oil. Press them gently so that they may cook.
- 13.Add a pinch of salt and a little white wine for braising it. Cover the pan and allow it to cook on a light flame for a little while.
- To serve:
- 1.Place a few of your favorite salad leaves on the plate, either lettuce or rocket leaves. Place a few slices of balsamic tomatoes straight from the refrigerator. Along with the tomato jelly, you may add a slice or two of any of your favorite breads (Ciabatta or French bread) pour cherry tomatoes on top of the bread and sprinkle thin parmesan cheese slices at the end.