Slow Poached Egg with Bacon Dust & Parmesan Foam Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 01 Hour
Total Cook Time: 01 Hour 10 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Medium
The dish has crispy bacon with eggs poached perfectly to your desire and creamy Parmesan foam.
Ingredients Of Slow Poached Egg With Bacon Dust & Parmesan Foam
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts
- 15 gms bacon, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1 Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 still mineral water
- 1/4 anchovy fillet
- 2 gms soy lecithin
- Salt to taste
- White pepper, a pinch
- 3 thinly sliced pieces of baguette, toasted golden brown
- 6 garlic flowers
- 3 gm micro green
How to Make Slow Poached Egg with Bacon Dust & Parmesan Foam
- 1.For slow poached eggs:
- 2.Place a spoon on the bottom of a pot and fill the pot with water, bring the water to 62 degrees Celsius.
- 3.Place the egg on the spoon and poach it for 30 minutes.
- 4.Use a temperature gauge to ensure the water does not go over or under temperature.
- 5.If the temperature starts getting to high drop an ice cube into the water to bring it back down to 60 degrees Celsius.
- 6.Drop the egg into ice cold water to cool down quickly.
- 7.Crack the egg into a small dish carefully and soak the excess water with a paper towel.
- 8.Place the egg into the middle of the dish and arrange the Romaine Hearts, Bacon, Toasted Baguette and micro greens around plate.
- 9.Garnish with parmesan foam you have made last minute.
- For Parmesan foam:
- 1.Gently bring the parmesan, ¼ Anchovy Fillet and water to 80°C and allow too steep for at least 30 mins.
- 2.Remove and strain the steeped liquid and add the soy lecithin to liquid.
- 3.Season with salt and pepper to taste, but be aware that cheese and anchovy fillet is already quite salty.
- 4.Whisk with stick blender and harvest the air that forms on the surface.
- 5.Repeat this process as more air will continue to form.
- 6.Use this to garnish the plate, when presenting to guests, nick the egg yolk with tip of very sharp knife, as too let the yolk start oozing out.
- 7.This is a great dish to impress your friends for a Sunday brunch as a starter and even better served with a Peach Bellini.
- 8.Note: Just multiply the recipe by the number of guest you have